R&D Tax Specialists
Helping innovative, growing businesses claim tax refunds for development work
We specialise in helping businesses of all sizes claim tax relief under the HMRC’s Research and Development Tax Credit scheme.
Initial claims can go back two years from the company’s financial year-end.
In our experience 95% of claims involve ‘development’ rather than ‘research’.
Our qualified engineers have a background in engineering and software development gained working for companies including Ford, Siemens, Toyota, Rolls-Royce, Airbus, Westland and GSK, as well as a wide range of growing SME clients.
Our proven and practical approach supports HMRC’s requirements and is designed to minimise the amount of time you need to spend in making your claim.
The Research and Development Tax Credit scheme was launched in 2000 and is the government’s largest single funding scheme in support of R&D in the business sector. Since the scheme was launched, in excess of 240,000 claims have been made, and over £21.4 billion in tax relief has been claimed.
To date we have helped over 200 companies in a wide range of sectors claim more than £17 million in R&D Tax Credits.
Companies developing new, or improving existing products, or business systems or production processes, that are seeking to overcome ’technological uncertainty’, are likely to qualify.
The areas of technical development work in which R&D claims may be made. Claims can be made for product and process development, as well as for IT and software development work.
Increasing numbers of companies are now claiming, however we believe that only a third of eligible companies are taking advantage of the scheme, missing out on valuable funding that could help accelerate development activities and drive growth in their businesses.
Benefits to your Business
- Provide funds to invest in more development
- Accelerate your business growth
- Drive innovation
- Improve your competiveness
- Strengthen your finances
- R&D Tax Credits are completely tax-free
- No upfront fees. We write the claim submission documents and manage the claim process from start to finish. We are only paid if we are successful
- Our fees are tax deductible
Our Systematic Approach
- Our proven process and practical engineering-led approach enables us to quickly identify all qualifying development activity that will support a successful claim
- We draft a detailed technical report clearly explaining why your development work qualifies as R&D within HMRC’s definitions
- We have a detailed understanding of how best to present the financial information to HMRC as a succinct statement of all eligible costs
- We provide tailored tax advice with a detailed summary of your options for gaining the best advantage for your business from your R&D Tax Credit
- We manage your claim from initial brief through to conclusion with HMRC